A Solar power bank employs solar energy to produce electricity. This electricity can be used for different electrical devices and to charge batteries. Most of them are generally portable and can supply up to 48 volts and 4000-ampere hours. This is an article about solar power banks, how they work, the benefits and the various types.
In Brief, Solar energy is the electrical power that is derived from sunlight. The conversion of this power can either be directly using photovoltaics or indirectly through a concentrated solar panel system. These solar panel systems make use of lenses or mirrors to focus sunlight on a small beam.
When we talk of solar power charger, the name says it all; it is a battery storage unit of power that derives its energy directly from sunlight. They can be very useful during trips or when there are power shortages. They are becoming popular as each day goes by as more smart devices are being invented and they need more power to work and last for a day. Generally, the power banks act as a backup.
How Does Solar Power Bank Work?
Most people who own a solar charger power bank, do not know how they work and it is very rare to find a seller explaining to a customer how these gadgets work. Solar power banks have special lenses that concentrate the sunlight on a small beam in order to charge the batteries inside. The battery has a circuit which controls the power flow obtained from the sunlight. These batteries store the electrical energy converted from the sun, which is later used to charge various electrical devices like mobile phones.
Benefits of Using a Solar Powered Battery Charger
Solar power banks are the most energy efficient and economical devices that someone can have. They no doubt make life so much easier. There are numerous benefits that they bring to our lives. They include;
1. They can charge without any electrical input. This means that they have no associated costs that they bring along.
2. They can be used anywhere, You just need to have access to sunlight.
3. They are very versatile and can charge any basic gadget. You will never have to worry about any electrical shortages as the sunlight will always be present even for a little while.
What are the Types of Solar Energy Chargers?
There are very many manufacturers, and all of them have different concepts and designs. As a result, there are various different models and types in the market. These are the most popular types:
1. Small, portable models which are designed to charge a wide range of small devices, including cell phones, mobile phones, iPod or any other small portable gadget.
2. The fold out models which are designed for automobiles. They sit on the dashboard and are plugged into the cigar lighter socket to charge the vehicle battery when it is not in use.
Related: Solar Car Battery Charger kits
3. Public chargers which are installed in public places for people to use for free.
Next, we will discuss and feature the 10 best solar power chargers of the first type which is Small portable models.
The 10 best Solar Chargers
- 【18W Fast Charging Power Bank】Fast Charger-Combined QC3.0 and power delivery fast charging tech, Allows to charge your phone with max 9V=2A/12V=1.5A/18W charging power,It will pair your devices the most appropriate charging results, Greatly shorten your charging time.
- 【10W Fast Qi Wireless Charger】Wireless Charger-Qi wireless charging tech frees you from messing cables,10W compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note9, S9/S9+, Note8, S8/S8+,7.5W compatible with iPhone XR/XS MAX/XS/X/8/8plus, Note:only Qi-enabled devices are eligible for wirelss charging tech.
- 【25000mAh Ultra High Capacity Solar Charger】The solar panel charger built-in 25000mAh Li-polymer battery, it’s enough to charge an iPhone XS for 7.4 times, a Galaxy S9 Plus for 5.7 times, an iPad Pro for 1.6 times!
- 【Two Charging Methods】The portable solar charger powerd by 5V/2A adapter(Not included) or solar. The blue indicator light is on when charging with the adapter, and the green indicator light is on when charging with solar panel.
- 【Wireless Solar Charger】26,800mAh solar charger is especially for outdoor enthusiasts,provides large battery backup for usage during outdoor activities.More than portable solar power bank but qi portable charger as well compatible with iPhone XR/ XR MAX/ XS/ X/ 8/ 8plus, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9plus S8/S8plus and all qi-enabled devices. Truly cable-free and tangle-free.
- 【Upgrade 26800mAh Power Bank】Huge Capacity Power Bank With 26800mAh capacity, automatically adjust the output to deliver the most suitable current, keep your devices from overcharging, over-current, over-voltage and short circuit. A must for outdoor activities, don't need worry if your mobile device is out of power even in the hurricane days.
- 【☀Huge Capacity】Solar Charger built-in rechargeable 15000mAh Battery Pack, More than Portable Solar Power Bank but Portable Charger as well compatible with all smartphones, iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, more etc. Solar Power Charger is an ideal choice for hiking, camping trips or other Phone Charger solar outdoor activities.
- 【☀2 in 1 Smart Charger】Built-in 5V/1A and 5V/2.1A USB Output allow you to Fast Charge two devices simultaneously, the Solar Powered Charger has dual USB. Intelligent security protection, avoid over-current, over-voltage, over-load and short circuit, etc. The Solar Phone Charger could absorb light and transfer into electricity, work with all smart phones/iPad/or other solar cellphones and electronic devices.
- 25000mAh Capacity: It consists of Li-polymer cells, as large as iPhone 8Plus, which can charge most phones over 10 times and tablets at least 3-4 times, meeting your 10-day travel needs.
- 4 Solar Panels: Its solar power is 5W, quickly charging the phone simultaneously when the solar charger itself is being charged in sunlight. It is 4-5 times faster than the single-panel chargers. (support wall charger).
- Two Charging Methods: 5V/2A Max Input via the outlet which will help save half time than most other silimar power banks; Solar +Powered anywhere under the direct sunlight, quite convenient for outdoor using.
- Great Capacity with 10000mAh: supports about 2 recharges for your Galaxy S6;Dual USB Output: with 2 5V/2A Max output ports, supports fast charging for 2 devices simultaneoulsy.
- 25000mAh High Capacity: With Lithium polymer battery, it can charge iPhone 8 about 10+ times, S6 about 6.3+ times and iPad mini 4 about 3.3+ times, ideal for 10 days of travel.
- 4 Solar Panels: The solar charger can absorb more solar energy, with 5W solar power and 1A current, it’s charging speed under the sun is as same as the iPhone adapter. (Support wall charger).
- 25000mAh High Capacity: It consists of Li-polymer cells, as large as iPhone 8Plus which can charge most phones over 10 times and tablets at least 3.4 times, meeting your 10-day travel needs.
- 4 Times Solar Panels: Solar Power is 5W, quickly charging the phone simultaneously when the solar charger itself is being charged in sunlight, which is 4-5 times faster than the single-panel chargers. (support wall charger).
- 【Compact & Portable Design】- One of the smallest and lightest solar charger on the market(only weighs7.4oz). Extra hanger included, easy to hang on your backpack, perfect for camping, hiking and various outdoor activities.
- 【Dual-USB Output】- Charge 2 devices simultaneously with max output up to 5V/2.1A, deliver fast charge. Only takes 4-5 hours to fully charge the battery(via 5V/2A charger), save your charging time than most other similar power banks.
- 🌄Built to Last, Designed for Outdoor: IP67 Waterproof, dust-proof and shockproof, non-slip. Military-grade construction, easily resists drops and bumps on rocks while outdoors, dependable in harsh outdoor conditions
- 🌄50% Time Saving: Fastest recharging, unique 4A Dual ports input (Type C and Micro USB), can be super fast recharged in 6 hours
Solar power is the best alternative power source that can help us take care of the environment. It can help reduce the reliance on fossil fuels.
When you think about it, it is also very cheap considering the lifetime of benefits that one is going to get. There are even smaller systems that can supplement the household power needs. This can be an important step in establishing a sustainable power grid.