When you are away from home or office and your phone battery dies, it can be a really frustrating experience. Our smartphones are turning more intelligent and powerful. Our dependence on smartphones is increasing and we spend more time on our mobile screens more than ever before. We need the energy to power our smart devices. Power banks and solar chargers can fulfill the energy needs of our smartphones.
The 10 Best Solar Chargers
1. BigBlue: 28W Solar Charger
- Upgraded Triple USB-A Ports: Each maximum output is 5V/2.4A and total maximum current is at 5V/4.8A. BigBlue 28w solar charger allows you to charge multiple devices at once. It comes with smart charge technology which can recognize your device smartly then providing optimal charging speed vary with different devices. BigBlue ensure 100% safe charging with overcharging, overheating and short circuit protection.
- Portable Camping Solar Panel: BigBlue USB solar charger is a great option if you’re taking an extended camping trip or if you’re traveling somewhere with an unreliable power grid. With compact size (11.6 × 6.3× 1.3in folded) and lightweight (20.5 oz) design, it is portable and light enough to fit into any camping backpack or hiking daypack. It is also a must have for stashing in an emergency kit.
- High Solar Conversion: Highly efficient SunPower solar panel convert up to 24% of solar power into free energy in enough sunlight, which is the most durable panels at present, standing up to elements and wear and tear better than conventional panels. This special PET polymer surface protects solar panel from occasional rain or wet fog and three ports are covered with rubber cover to protect them from dust or water damage.
- Wide Compatibility: Attached a USB cable for almost all 5V Android devices & some DSLRs, or Apple devices (Note: needs extra original cable for Apple devices). Our solar phone charger can't store the electricity, please unfold all solar panel in outdoor direct sunlight, then connect your device to USB output port. Note: our portable solar charger can't charge the laptops and iPad Pro.
- Package & Support: You will get BigBlue 28W Solar Phone Charger, 50cm USB Cable, User Manual and friendly Customer Service. Note: Any cloud or cover may influence the charging speed. Although our solar charger with automatic restart function, we still suggest you to reopen the solar panels and replug your device if the charging is too slow.
2. BLAVOR: 10,000mAh Solar Power Bank
- Qi Wireless & Solar Power：10,000mAh wireless power bank with solar. Not just wireless power bank but wireless charger as well compatible with iPhone 13/13Pro/ XR/ XR MAX/ XS/ X/ 8/ 8plus, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9plus S8/S8plus and all qi-enabled mobile devices.
- Friendly Reminder on Solar：kindly know that solar charging is an additional feature, Taken the small panel size, large capacity and uncontrollable sunlight intensity into consideration, the solar charging option works as a backup solution while other sources of power is unavailable. Make sure the power bank is fully charged before your trips.
- Extensive Tested Charging Times：The charging times of the solar phone charger have been extensively tested. Itself can be fully recharged around 6hours with 5V/2A adapter, It can charge iphone7plus up to 2.2times, iPhone X up to 2.3times, iphone8 up to 3.5times.
- Sturdy Durable and Compact Size：the portable charger is made of premium ABS materials and lithium polymer battery, highly sturdy and durable. Its equipped with two USB, type C, dual flashlights and a compass kit. Light weight and compact size.
- Dual Flashlight & Compass Kit：The solar phone charger is built with dual bright flashlight, and comes with a portable compass kit, a handy tool for outdoor activities, like camping, cycling, fishing, traveling, hiking and beaches.
3. FosPowe: 2000mAh Weather Radio With Solar Portable Power Bank
- [2000MAH POWER BANK WILL KEEP DEVICES POWERED] FosPower's emergency radio incorporates a 2000mAh power bank capable of providing emergency power to any small tablet or phone.
- [3 POWER SOURCES POWER WHEN YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio's 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio's crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need it most. AAA Batteries ensure you have power when not able to regenerate power.
- [2 LIGHT SOURCES ALWAYS POWERED] The emergency crank radio can also provide light. The 4 LED reading light and 1W flashlight provides enough output to keep you and your loved ones out of the dark in an emergency situation.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive up to the second emergency weather forecasts and emergency news broadcasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations.
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] Includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Please visit FosPower's website for more information.
4. SunJack: Monocrystalline Solar Panel Charger With Two 10000mAh Power Banks
- Rugged and Portable: Weather resistant ETFE exterior layer improves performance and durability, extends the panel’s lifespan and requires far less maintenance when compared to a PET exterior layer that is used by most portable solar chargers. Shock-proof, dust-proof and drop-proof. Compact panels fold down to the size of a tablet and easily fit into any backpack. Integrated magnetic closure system keeps the panels closed during storage, eliminating the need for bulky straps.
- Powerful and Smart: Monocrystalline panels with ETFE construction provide maximum efficiency and UV-ray permeability. Pumps out up to 2 Amps of power per USB port (4A Max with two ports) to provide wall-outlet charging speeds. Built-in smart IC chip intelligently identifies your device and maximizes charging speed while protecting from overcharging. Automatic restore if shade occurs.
- Includes Power Banks: Two high capacity 10000mAh power banks with USB-C and Quick Charge QC3.0 charge your devices at up to 18W with supported USB-C devices - 80% faster than standard chargers. Backward compatible with QC2.0 devices. Built-in safety features protect your devices from overcharging, overheating and more. Charges most smart phones up to 5 times each battery.
- Multi-Use: Ideal for camping, backpacking, hiking, outdoor adventures and is essential in any disaster, emergency, and hurricane prep kit for survival. Never be caught without power. Great for any USB device including your iPhone, Samsung, Pixel, iPad.
- Designed in California, backed by 12-month hassle free warranty from a local USA company.
5. 4PATRIOTS: Portable Solar Power Bank
- RECHARGEABLE SOLAR PANEL: Your portable solar power bank is rechargeable using the free power of the sun. The 5-inch solar panel lets you recharge the 8,000 mAh lithium ion battery without cords or outlets. Or, "fast-charge" your power cell using the included micro-USB cord. This makes it ideal for emergencies, camping, hiking or traveling.
- WATER RESISTANT: IP67 waterproof rating means your solar power bank can stand up to rain & splashes. Rubberized exterior protects your external battery against drops. We’ve dumped it on rocks, plunged it in ice water, and thrown it in the snow. The Patriot Power Cell still works!
- DUAL USB CHARGING PORTS: 2 USB ports let you charge 2 devices at once. Now, you can easily charge any USB-Compatible devices. Your 2 USB ports have outputs of 5V 2.1A & 5V/1A. Strong lithium-ion battery can recharge up to 500 cycles. Your portable solar power bank can keep your critical devices powered up in a pinch.
- IDEAL FOR VARIOUS OUTDOOR OR TRAVEL ACTIVITIES: Great for travel, camping, hiking or emergencies. The super-bright LED flashlight brightens up any dark area. The solar panel means you can charge it anywhere you have sun. IP67 water resistant helps it stand up to rain during travel. TSA approved & portable design make it perfect travel companion.
- CHARGES YOUR: iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones, flashlights, radios, e-readers, Kindles, GPS systems, personal cooling fans, cameras, handheld games, music players, iPods, bluetooth speakers, LED lights & anything that charges with a USB cable. With 2 USB ports, you can charge multiple devices at once.
- Battery performance will vary based on your charging and usage conditions, including discharge rates, cord and voltage-conversion efficiency, testing conditions, temperature, and age. Capacity falls in the 8,000 to 8,500 mAh range. Always follow storage and use instructions.
7. QiSa: 35800mAh Solar Power Bank
- Solar charger, as long as there is enough sunlight, four high-conversion solar charging panels can be continuously charged. Its solar power is 12W and the input current is 1.5A.Under ideal conditions the conversion rate of solar charging can reach 116% of the charging speed of 5V1A charging plug, which can be described as a must-have for outdoor.
- Solar power bank 38800mAh large battery, let you get rid of the anxiety of battery power anytime and anywhere.
- Solar power bank has a wireless charging function, 2 USB output ports, can charge up to 3 devices at the same time. Note: Only Qi-enabled devices are compatible with wireless charging.
- Power bank is waterproof,drop-proof and dust-proof, and can still work normally in extreme environments.
- Solar power bank has a built-in smart chip that can automatically identify and be compatible with different devices, convert fluctuating voltage into stable voltage, stabilize the device, and ensure safe use.
8. Rockpals: Foldable Solar Panel Charger
- MADE FOR SOLAR GENERATORS - Compatible with most solar generator on the market ( but not for Jackery 440 ). With our included different size of connectors(8mm DC Adapter for Jackery/Anker, 5.5*2.1mm for ROCKPALS 250/300/350/500w), and 5V USB devices, including smartphones and tablets(iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy), GPS, digital cameras, etc
- 3-USB SMART CHARGING TECHNOLOGY - The build-in smart IC chip intelligently identifies your device, and maximizes its charging speed while protects your devices from over charging and overloading. The charging current of USB ports (up to 2.4A max 5V DC per port, 6A max overall) is monitored and automatically adjusted according to the sunlight level.
- HIGH CONVERSION EFFICIENCY - Constructed of high-efficiency solar arrays,convert up to 21.5-23.5% of solar power into free energy.
- WATER-RESISTANT & DURABLE - Made from durable Oxford cloth. The solar panel is water resistant to endure all weather conditions, ideal for outdoor activities such as camping, climbing, hiking, picnic. Please NOTE: The junction box is not waterproof and please keep it dry.
- FORDABLE & PORTABLE - Foldable design, convenient to carry it wherever you go. Folded dimensions: 20.5 * 14.2 * 2.6 inches.
9. Nekteck: Waterproof Solar Power Charger
- 【High-Efficieny】The high-efficiency of its three solar Monocrystalline panels cell is based on SunPower Maxeon technology, that allows the usb solar charger to reach 21%-24% of conversion efficiency while providing enough power (up to 2.0A max per port or 3.0 A max overall)
- 【Advanced Smart IC Chip Technology】 The Microchip of Nekteck solar phone charger support to detects the electronic devices plugged into the USB ports for fast charging two phones simultaneously under safe conditions as well as the prevention of overheating
- 【Portable and Foldable】The 6.3x 11.1x 1.06 inch (when folded ) small size and 17.3-ounce design that can easily squeeze in your backpack offers portability and simplicity, and the attachment hook makes the portable solar charger ideal for connecting to a backpack while you’re on the hiking or walking around town
- 【Dualable Design】The canvas surface and precision stitching withstand rugged for outdoor use and the PET polymer cover that guarantees IPX4 waterproof level protection will make the solar panel resistant to water and even dust
- 【Package】Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Charger, 2.6ft(80cm)Micro USB Cable, User Manual
10. Ummz: 12000mAh Small Solar Charger
- 【Ultra Compact-Super Mini】One of the smallest and lightest 12000mAh solar power bank. only 3*3.3*0.78 inch,it's easy to put in your pocket or bag,lanyard design is easy to carry.
- 【4 Cables+2 USB Outputs】 It can charge 5 devices simultaneously. Compatible with all smart phones,tablet and other USB devices.Solar power bank provides more convenience in your daily or in your trip.
- 【Two Charging Way】External battery charger with solar panel can recharge by solar or outlet. In daily life, we recommend to charge it by adapter, take the solar charging as the emergency backup solution.
- 【Powerful LED Light and Battery Indicator】Led lights can be used as flashlight . Five pilot indicators show the status of the battery charger timely. The Solar pilot indicators light on when charging by a solar, The other four pilot indicators light on when USB charging.
- 【Best Warranty and What You Get】12 months Warranty, 24h online after-sales service, Friendly replace policy. Any related issues are guaranteed with friendly REPLACEMENT or REFUND, and also support 24h online after-service.Product List:1*12000mAh Solar bank,1*Micro-USB Cable,1*Lanyard,1* User Manual.
How Do Solar Chargers Work?
The solar module converts solar energy into electricity when it receives sunlight. The photovoltaic process is responsible for the conversion of solar energy into electricity. Solar modules work most efficiently in the bright sunlight, but they can still work in cloudy conditions as well.
The battery stores the converted electricity and you can use it to power your devices when you need it. Instead of using the solar modules directly to recharge your battery, it is better to have a solar battery to power up your devices. It acts as a buffer for your smart devices and filters the energy lows and peaks.
Benefits Of Using Solar Power Chargers For Phones
1. Green Energy
You will use green energy for your smart devices with a solar battery charger instead of using coal-generated energy. Using solar energy to power your devices is eco-friendly and good for the environment. Solar energy is clean energy without the emission of any harmful gases in the atmosphere.
2. Power In Remote Locations
It is difficult for us to find a power source in a remote location away from the cities. Sun can act as a power source directly for us if we harness the solar power using a solar cell phone charger.
Besides the initial cost of purchasing the solar power charger, there is no additional cost of using solar power. You don’t have to worry about the electricity your device needs each month if you depend on a solar phone charger.
4. Power Multiple Devices
A solar charger can power multiple devices at the same time. You don’t have to wait until one of your devices charges completely and you recharge another device. With the multiple charging ports, you can simply put your devices on charging during the night and let the solar charger power up during the daytime.
Types Of Solar Chargers
1. Solar Charger With A Power Bank
Solar chargers that come with a power bank can store the converted solar energy to power up your devices whenever you need them. The power bank solves the problem of the non-availability of sunlight during the night.
Related: The Best Solar Power Banks
You can have enough power stored in the power bank for the nighttime so that you almost never run out of power provided you power up your solar charger during the daytime.
2. Folding Solar Power Chargers
Folding solar chargers solve the problem of portability. If you want more power from your solar chargers, you will have to increase their surface area. Increasing the surface area results in the solar chargers getting bigger and you cannot think about carrying them around with you.
Folding solar chargers have a large surface area to trap the solar energy efficiently and you can fold them up if you want to carry them around in your travel bag. Let’s have a look at the 10 solar power chargers both Power bank and folding.
Our smartphones remain hungry for power all the time. With all the smart features, increased screen size, increased processing power, the demand for energy is expected to increase as well.
Solar battery chargers are the perfect solution designed for mobile devices. They can power up our devices almost everywhere in the world.