Going green and going eco-friendly has become a trend, and people are becoming conscious of the effects of their acts on the environment.
Our single-use plastic usage has gotten out of hand. So large amounts of trash on land, in our waterways, and in our oceans are causing so much damage to this earth.
Understanding how one’s actions affect the environment is challenging. Even though millions of tons of single-use plastic are thrown away each year, little changes must begin at the individual level for change to occur. This change can start by using eco-friendly products in our daily life. From daily kitchenware to home decor and clothes to sanitary pads and sunglasses, we can find many eco-friendly products on the market.
Benefits of using eco-friendly products
Eco-friendly products, as the name says, are supportive of the environment. Using eco-friendly products have the following benefits.
- Using these products will decrease your impact on your surroundings and environment.
- There will be less wastage.
- By decreasing wastage, you will reduce soil pollution.
- Producing eco-friendly products will not cause any harmful effects on the environment.
- When you start to use eco-friendly products, you can indirectly reduce air and water pollution, as wastage through factories would be reduced.
- It helps in saving natural resources.
- You will reduce carbon emissions and carbon footprint too.
9 Eco-Friendly Products That We Can Use:
To use eco-friendly products, one should have an idea about the products, and that’s where many people have less knowledge. We can go green with most of our daily products and clothes. For example, clothes made with modal fabric are eco-friendly rather than synthetic. Likewise, organic toothbrushes are more eco-friendly rather than plastic ones. Let us look at a few eco-friendly products.
1. Bamboo toothbrushes: Is this surprising? Yes, bamboo toothbrushes do exist! They’re made entirely of biodegradable materials. The handle is constructed from regenerative bamboo, which is naturally antibacterial, and the bristles are gentle on your gums.
Brushes made of bamboo can be just as beneficial to your oral health as those made of plastic. Think about the bristles, handle form, and head size when selecting any type of bamboo toothbrush. These toothbrushes have soft bristles, a pleasant grip, and can easily slip into your mouth’s small spaces.
2. Steel bottles and straws: Steel straws and steel bottles are the best alternatives to plastic straws. When you use a plastic straw, it is usually once usable, and you need to throw it into the dustbin after its usage. This leads to wastage growth, which is definitely more harmful to the environment. But when you use stainless steel bottles and straws, you can reuse them after washing. These are sustainable and eco-friendly too. They come in various lengths and sizes, and many have a cleaning brush on the top.
3. Eco-friendly soaps, toilet papers, and detergents: Eco-friendly laundry detergents are made using environmentally friendly ingredients. They are mostly made of plant-based materials, so they don’t include harsh chemicals that can harm the environment.
Furthermore, biodegradable soap and body wash created from natural ingredients will not harm aquatic life when rinsed down the drain. You can use non-toxic soaps to disinfect all skin types, especially sensitive and young skin.
Bamboo toilet paper is made from pulp bamboo rather than wood pulp or paper pulp. This means it is better for the environment because it does not require destroying trees or using chlorine bleach to whiten them. Additionally, it is softer than toilet paper made of wood pulp, making it more comfortable for people with sensitive skin.
4. Sanitary pads: Many sanitary pads out on the market are filled with chemicals that are not suitable for women’s health. Even though some pads don’t contain harmful chemicals, they are not biodegradable. This can increase wastage and thus can have adverse effects on the environment. Reports say that most of India’s waste occurs from non-biodegradable sanitary pads. That’s why it is very important to use bio-degradable sanitary pads. They are readily available online as well as in the market.
5. Eco-friendly plates and cutlery: Plastic silverware, plates, and bowls are frequently used once before being discarded, resulting in a large amount of trash. We can’t prohibit people from using once use kitchenware, so why not make them recyclable or even compostable?
Compostable kitchenware is ideal for events such as parties, picnics, and other gatherings. These eco-friendly items are made from a renewable resource that can be entirely composted in as little as 90 days.
These are produced using plant-based ingredients like wheat, corn, or sugar cane. This means you can put them in your compost bin or outdoor composter to make your compost.
6. Dustbin bags: Dustbin bags are another things which are silently polluting our environment. Plastic dustbin bags are non-biodegradable and cause soil pollution and waste. That’s why we should replace these with bio-degradable dustbin bags.
The best reusable storage and garbage bags are created from 100% recycled plastics and other recyclable materials.
Some are BPA-free and have handles and leak-proof zippers for convenient transporting. They come in different sizes, so you can pick the one that best fits your lifestyle.
7. Yoga mats: A yoga mat is necessary when you do yoga and provides a non-slippery surface that supports your yoga practice. Synthetic yoga mats are not suitable for the environment. When you are trying to go green, eco-friendly yoga mats are suggestible. These yoga mats are made up of degradable natural and renewable resources. Moreover, the preparation process of these mats doesn’t release any harmful waste into the environment. Along with having a great cushion, these eco-friendly yoga mats are sustainable and radiate positive energy inside you. You can look at various types of yoga mats online and buy one among them as per your choice.
8. Bamboo computer accessories: Different types of bamboo computer accessories are another type of eco-friendly product that can make your life simpler and satisfied.
Bamboo is soon becoming a catchphrase in sustainable building trends. Many people are unaware that bamboo is penetrating the world of electronics and is quickly replacing the plastic outer shells of computer accessories.
Every component of the computer is made of plastic, whether it be the keyboard, mouse, or speakers. However, this is a worrying truth when considering how many computers we use and discard each year. To make computer usage more sustainable, we must discover a replacement for this plastic. Bamboo is an answer to this. Bamboo is also used to make computer accessories. Not only do these properly replace plastic, but they also have a stylish wooden finish, which significantly aids you in showcasing your sustainability.
9. Eco-friendly phone cases: We all know how much bad effect every electronic gadget, especially phones, has on our environment. Increased technology increased the demand for smartphones, and these smartphones need high internet speed. To obtain this speed, companies provide higher signals that affect birds, humans, and other animals and the environment. But, these phones have become one of the parts of our life. When we can’t stop using phones suddenly, at least we should decrease the damage created by them to the environment.
Using eco-friendly phone cases to protect your smartphone is an excellent way to protect the environment. These cases protect the harmful signals and radiation from the phone from scattering into the atmosphere. Moreover, these cases aren’t just for top brands like iPhones and Samsungs; an eco-friendly case can protect almost any smartphone.
Due to their attractive design and comfortable grip, wood phone cases are among the most well-liked eco-friendly accessories. Many wood phone cases are manufactured from recycled or sustainably grown wood, making them better for the environment than typical plastic or metal cases.
If you have used denim, you can create a DIY phone case using it instead of throwing it into the garbage bin. It can also control radiation from passing into the environment.
How does using eco-friendly products make our life simpler?
By using eco-friendly products, your life will become more uncomplicated and happy. Let us look at how.
- As eco-friendly products support your environment, your surroundings give you a positive wave that is very much needed for mental peace.
- Eco-friendly products are sustainable. So you don’t have to purchase the same product again and again.
- Using eco-friendly products have a more significant impact on your money when you use them for the long term.
- You can have good health as plastic, and other harmful chemicals would be away from your routine.
- You can provide a hygienic environment for your future generation. This gives us both satisfaction and happiness. Satisfaction, mental peace, and physical health are essential to living a simpler life.
Getting eco-friendly is cost-effective and can create mental peace for you and your family. On maintaining for a longer term, you can do your part in saving our environment and controlling our carbon footprint. That is why one should start to use eco-friendly, sustainable products in their daily life.