Wooden toothbrushes are becoming popular because they are eco-friendly and biodegradable. The favored material for wooden toothbrushes is bamboo because it is easy to grow and has antimicrobial properties. Bamboo is a sustainable form of wood that can be produced naturally without the help of chemicals.
You can find wooden toothbrushes made using premium bamboo at an affordable price. Most companies make toothbrushes in packs of four or more to last for a long while. Other packages come with 10-12 pieces, making them ideal for families who want an eco-friendly product. Here is a list of the best wooden toothbrushes that you can buy today.
The 10 Best Wooden Toothbrushes
The company provides a refund after within one month if the brush doesn’t meet your standards. You need to break off the top of the brush for recycling because only the handle is 100% biodegradable. Each toothbrush comes in its biodegradable box with five pieces having white bristles and five having black.
VIVAGO truly believes we can change the world one dental appointment at a time by providing quality products paired with exemplary customer service to make sustainable personal improvement possible globally.
The handle is smooth, and it dries off quickly when you are brushing. The bristles are soft, and the charcoal keeps your teeth white effortlessly. The bristles do not fall off like other bamboo brands of toothbrushes. It is a superb option for individuals who are looking for great wooden toothbrushes.
The bamboo handle is sturdy, and it doesn’t chip or have splinters. The pack contains four wooden toothbrushes that have multiple colors for easy differentiation. The packaging is cardboard, which is biodegradable and recyclable. Overall, they are the perfect wooden toothbrushes for individuals with extra-sensitive gums.
The bamboo used to create the toothbrushes’ handles comes from sustainable bamboo farms that do not use chemicals. You can opt to recycle the toothbrush or dispose of it because the handle is biodegradable.
Each toothbrush has a number to make it easy for anyone to identify their toothbrush. The design of the handle prevents it from getting rotten. You don’t have to take extra care of the wooden toothbrush when you switch from plastic brands. The packet price is suitable for anyone living on a budget and who wants to use a biodegradable wooden toothbrush.
The manufacturing process for Greenzla involve exclusive use of high-quality sustainable materials only. they are so confident of this product because they have tested it and are sure of its efficiency. That is why they give a one month’s money back guarantee if someone is not impressed by how good one’s teeth will feel after brushing with Greenzla bamboo tooth brush.
The handle perfectly fits the palm of the user, giving him/her a comfortable grip when brushing. The bamboo is grown in sustainable farms that grow the trees using organic farming practices.
Activated charcoal infused into BPA-free nylon bristles helps heavy smokers eliminate teeth stains. The package is made of paper bag which is an organic and biodegradable material. Also, the brushes are packaged without any chemical treatments such as bleaching. Moreover, each package has a single brush to prevent contamination by germs.
All the brushes have specific numbers that make it simple for several users to track their toothbrushes. The bristles are infused with activated charcoal to help keep your teeth naturally white. You can forget about using chemical whitening strips to keep your teeth pearly white. The packaging is 100% biodegradable, and you can dispose of it stress-free.
What are the benefits of using a wooden toothbrush?
The wooden toothbrush is an alternative that has grown popular among people interested in environmentally friendly substitutes for everyday products in recent times. These toothbrushes are made out of sustainable wood which is environmentally friendly and also great for oral hygiene. This blog post will examine why a wooden toothbrush is a better option when looking at greener alternatives.
1. Eco-friendly: The environmental advantage associated with using wooden toothbrushes is one of the major advantages. Although they decompose in hundreds of years and cause pollution of the planet, the wood toothbrush is a bio-decomposable material that quickly decays in compost. If you switch to using a wooden toothbrush, you will be making a major contribution towards the preservation of our planet.
2. Natural and Non-toxic: Toothbrushes made of wood comprise naturally occurring substances like bamboo or properly harvested lumber that does not contain any cancer-causing agents or dangerous chemicals in most cases common with plastics. It is In addition, it is healthy, thus safe for your body and environment.
3. Durability: Unbelievable! Although many people believe that wooden toothbrushes may only be used for a short period of time, contrary to this assumption they function for as long as regular plastic ones. A quality wood toothbrush should give you service for some months and therefore you will have value for your money in saving wastage.
4. Antibacterial Properties: For a clean mouth, there is a natural ability of wood to keep off bacteria. The antibacterial nature of wooden toothbrush may go a long way in ensuring that it remains clean and hygienic, thereby preventing the proliferation of new bacterial growth.
5. Aesthetically Pleasing: Many people prefer wooden toothbrushes because of their simple, aesthetically pleasing look. They bring style into your bathroom and make you trendy environmentally.
How often should I replace my wooden toothbrush?
A wooden toothbrush will ensure you have eco-friendly dental care. Unlike plastics, wooden toothbrushes are biodegradable and produce less carbon emissions during manufacture. Nonetheless, even the green toothbrush has a limited life span. Therefore, when should the wooden toothbrush be replaced?
Usually, you should purchase a new toothbrush after three or four months. The bristles will eventually wear off and get damaged, hence reducing their ability to clean your teeth and gum. The practice should be a routine exercise to help in ensuring your mouth remains clean of harmful bacteria.
Nevertheless, it should be said that wooden toothbrushes tend to wear out faster than their plastic counterparts. These natural bristles are prone to wear faster and they become weakened which affects their cleaning capability. Moisture may also damage the wooden handle.
In order to make a wooden toothbrush useful for a long time, you must treat it carefully. Ensure that it is rinsed thoroughly after every use and in a properly aerated room to keep off the molds and bacteria. Do not keep it on your bathroom cup or on the showers.
Ensure that you check on the condition of the bristles at least once each month and replace the brush in case you see any signs of fray or loss of brush shape within the first three months.
How do I properly care for my wooden toothbrush?
Here are a few tips on properly caring for your wooden toothbrush:
1. Rinse after each use: Wash your wooden toothbrush well after brushing your teeth with water. This will clean out any toothpaste and debris in the bristles.
2. Dry it properly: Allow your toothbrush to dry completely after every use to avoid the development of bacteria or mold. Discard the surplus water and then set it in a well-aerated spot; upright or on a toothbrush holder with air flow is preferred.
3. Avoid moisture exposure: Moisture-sensitive nature of wooden toothbrushes requires them to be kept at safe distances from wet places such as bathroom sinks or showers. Wood absorbs much water and may crack, split, or become a breeding ground for bacteria after excessive exposure.
4. Replace regularly: Just as any toothbrush should be replaced regularly in order to facilitate good dental hygiene, wooden toothbrushes are not an exception. You should change your wooden toothbrush every three to four months or replace it when the bristles start to fray and wear out.
5. Clean and sanitize: You may soak your wooden toothbrush in an antibacterial mouth rinse which is diluted or the hydrogen peroxide solution that is diluted for a few minutes. This will also aid in the eradication of any bacteria or germs on the bristles. Once done soaking, wash the brush fully with water and let it dry completely before utilization.
6. Avoid harsh chemicals: Do not use strong cleaners and chemicals on your wooden toothbrush since they may affect both the wood as well as the bristles. Use mild, all-natural cleaning agents such as diluted vinegar or baking soda paste.
7. Store it properly: Ensure that you keep your wooden toothbrush in a dry and ventilated environment when you are not using it. It should not be stored in a sealed container or a wet area because these conditions enhance the development of molds and bacteria.
Adhering to these basic care guidelines will help keep your wooden brush clean, sanitary, and in tip-top shape for longer. In addition, this will help you in having eco-friendly dental hygiene as well as reduce plastic waste, thereby saving Mother Earth.
Today, one can easily get a good wooden toothbrush at reasonable cost over internet. As such, you may find a way of lessening the carbon footprint in the environment by using a biodegradable wooden toothbrush. It also provides a renewable source for manufacturing biodegradable toothbrush. All these products are environmentally friendly and not harmful at all.
Many of the items contain bristles impregnated with activated charcoal and can whiten your teeth. The toothbrushes are reliable and will surely remove the plaque on your teeth. The feeling of a wooden toothbrush in your mouth can be a bit strange and might require some getting used to. Nevertheless, most producers have an ergonomic layout requiring no longer than the week of habituation while brushing.