Home wind turbines are electric generators that convert wind energy into clean, emission-free power. Although most large wind farms exist to power certain towns and communities, there are also smaller wind turbines for homes and homeowners. These small wind turbines can be installed on any part of your property to cover some or even all of your monthly energy needs.
A typical house usually requires a home wind turbine with a 5 kW generating capacity to meet all its energy requirements. A turbine that offers this much power would have to be around 13 to 18 feet in diameter and positioned in an area where strong winds often pass through. There are also plenty of smaller, cheaper turbines, but these variants produce less power and are less reliable than their more expensive counterparts.
What Are The Benefits of Home Wind Turbines?
The benefits of a residential wind turbine depend entirely on its wind speed and turbine efficiency. So the more energy a particular wind turbine produces, the better.
A standard home wind turbine can cost around $30,000, though more expensive variants can cost as much as $70,000 (plus installation costs and other miscellaneous expenses). If you’re short on cash, there are turbines that cost less than $10,000, but they don’t produce a lot of power.
A domestic wind turbine that produces around 5 kW worth of energy can produce approximately 8,000 kWh per year, assuming there are decent winds to power it. Given ideal conditions, you will be able to recoup your investment in three to five years, depending on your monthly energy consumption and other related factors. If, however, your property doesn’t get enough wind then it may take a little more time to recover your initial investment.
Aside from reducing your energy bills, home wind turbines also offer other benefits, including:
– Reduced pollution
– Immunity from rising energy costs
– Immunity from blackouts and other related problems
– Non-reliance on the energy grid
– Improved energy efficiency
– Eligibility for government incentives that promote energy efficiency or environmental conservation
The 10 Best Home Wind Turbines
- Grid tie 3KW wind power system. Including: 1pcs 3KW wind turbine; 1pcs 3KW grid tie controller; 1pcs 3KW grid tie inverter; After your order please tell us your voltage ,110V/220V ,50HZ/60HZ.
- ★ Feature: Starting with low speed; high wind energy utilization; low vibration on operation, high efficiency.
- ★ Wind Blade: 23.4inch in length, made of nylon carbon fiber. The longer the blades are, the more kinetic energy they generate and the more power they produce. Nylon material waterproof, corrosion resistant, lightweight.
- ★ Generator: three-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor. Efficient and compact ac generator with high performance NdFeB permanent magnet. A fully integrated voltage regulator that automatically shuts down when the battery is fully charged. The wind generator is controlled by MPPT intelligent microprocessor, which can effectively adjust current and voltage
- ★Rotating Body: with yaw adjustment system, the wind direction position is automatically read and the rotor position is adjusted to capture the maximum wind energy. The tail fin is designed according to the aerodynamic principle.
- ★Real Parameter, Not False: Our product parameters are Real & Actual, not False. Base on designed after repeated experimental testing. Wind turbine parameters can be customized, please contact us if you have requirement.
- 6kWh daily output depends on the ideal condition, working temperature from -22℉ ~ 140℉
- Charging 24V battery bank with hybrid system throughout the day, in multiple weather conditions.
- Designs for both land and marin, nylon fiber blades by precision molding injection makes it durable.
- Solar wind hybrid kit powers fridge, AC, pump and led light etc. enjoy your off grid life.
- 1 year warranty with 24/7 technical support, call ECO-WORTHY hotline whatever any question or concern you have.
- ✅ FEATURES: Integrated automatic braking system to protect from sudden and high wind speed. Easy DIY installation methods with all materials provided. Can be used in conjunction with solar panels. MPPT Maximum power point tracking is included. Made with high quality Polypropylene and Glass Fiber material with a weather resistant seal. Restrictive of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Compliance, CE Declaration of Comformity
- ✅ PROTECTION AGAINST: UV protection coating, Sudden voltage surge and wind gust, high wind speeds with integrated automatic braking system + manual braking switch and over charging of battery.
- ✅ SPECIFICATION: Rated power: 1500W, Rated speed: 46 ft/s, Voltage system: 24V, Cut-in wind speed: 5.6mph, Suggested battery capacity: 200A or larger, Number of blades: 3, Rotor diameter: 5.6 ft and Weight: 33 lb.
- ✅ INCLUDES: 1 x Center piece (Generator), 1 x Tail Piece, 1 x MPPT Charge Controller, 3 x Blades, 1 x Nose cone, 1 x Manual brake switch, Amp meter display box, Hex Screws, Locking nuts, Spacers, Hex keys and 1 x Operational installation manual.
- ✅WARRANTY: 1 Year manufactures warranty. Spare parts are available on amazon. wind turbine is made and shipped directly from TAIWAN. Our company strongly believes that only by shipping directly from our factory in Taiwan directly to your home, we can ensure the best quality and the authenticity of the product.
- ★ Feature: Starting with 2.5m/s Low wind speed; Low vibration during working; High wind energy efficiency. Wind turbine kit suitable for boat, RV, cabin, home, etc.
- ★ Wind Blade: 23.8 inch in length, the longer blade will generate more power. The blades are made of Nylon carbon fiber which special on waterproof, corrosion resistant, lightweight.
- ★Wind Generator: Three-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor. Efficient and compact ac generator with high performance NdFeB permanent magnet.
- ★Rotating Aluminum Alloy Body: With yaw adjustment system, the wind direction position is automatically read and the rotor position is adjusted to capture the maximum wind energy. The tail fin is designed according to the aerodynamic principle.
- ★Real Parameter, Not False: Our product parameters are Real & Actual, not False. Base on designed after repeated experimental testing. Pls remember to contact us if you have any questions after received wind turbine. We should take charge of our product.
- [Low Noise] The aluminum alloy case of the wind turbine is light and pretty, low vibration.
- [High Efficiency] Optimized design of aerodynamic contour and structure enable the generator to start-up in low wind speed, and improve the utilization of wind energy, so that the annual power generation can be increased.
- [Safe and reliable] Adopts mechanical and electromagnetic dual over-speed control design, improve safety and reliability in operation.
- [Durable and Sturdy] The shell is robust and tight. The wind turbine can use for 15 years without any maintenance if it is correctly applied; 3-year warranty is provided. Can work at -40 ° C ~ 80 ° C.
- [Automated] Auto windward direction adjustment. By operating with the controller, it can monitor the data constantly during operation and give fault alarm in time.
- All-weather, high-quality marine-grade coating and construction provides versatility in both land and sea environments
- Begins to supply power at a very low 7 MPH wind speed, so even if the wind dies down, your power won't
- Maintenance-free design features an industrial-strength die-cast aluminum body with carbon fiber composite blades that are engineered for low-noise operation
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Smart Controller varies voltage-to-current ratio for the most efficient charging
- Overspeed/overcrank shutdown prevents damage in high wind conditions
- ★ System Voltage is 24V★ Warranty time is 2 year ★★ the world's best-selling brand★★
- ★ Generator: aluminium material, 3phase AC PMG , Working temperature:-40℃ up to 80℃
- ★Special protection: Tilting upwards during storm ★ System Voltage is 24V Rated capacity of windgenerator is 1500W
- ★Wind Mill Blade: It is made of Carbon. Its length is 107 cm, Noise is 40dB
- Mast Connection Flange is not included
- This items including : 2pcs 400W wind turbine with grid tie controller ,2pcs waterproof grid tie inverter ! Why Off Grid Systems Should Include Wind? Wind provides power at night. Wind is strongest during the winter months when solar resources are limited. Wind provides power during poor weather conditions. Air density is higher in colder weather and maximizes power production.
- Note: The inverter group of at most 6 inverters can be used for the 220V grid, and that of at most 4 inverters can be used for the 110V grid. Package list: One micro grid inverter; One user manual; One pouch of screw; One Warranty card;
- LED Lamp Indication: Green LED: Operation indicator, which flashes at high frequency; Red LED: Failure indicator, which flashes slowly; Blue LED: MPPT indicator, which flashes slowly
- The time of flashing of the red LED represents specific failures as follow: Single Flashing: Input undervoltage/overvoltage; Double Flashing: Power grid underfrequency/overfrequency; Triple Flashing: Power grid undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 4 Times: Output overcurrent; Flashing 5 Times: Input overcurrent;
- Flashing 6 Times: High temperature protection; Flashing 7 Times: PWM driving undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 8 Times: Internal voltage reference undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 9 Times: Sensor bias current error; Flashing 10 Times: Hardware zero passage detection failure. Noted that the above operations can only be performed with the power grid connected.
- 【Low starting wind speed】 This wind turbine has a low starting wind speed and is easy to generate electricity by the wind
- 【High efficiency and low noise】 The wind generator adopts high quality motors, high efficiency and low noise, has a long service life
- 【High and low temperature resistance】 500W wind generator, high and low temperature resistance, safe operation in harsh environment
- 【Widely applicable】 12V wind generator is widely used, can generate electricity for parks and street lights, etc.
- 【Package List】 5 x Blade, 1 x Wind Generator Body, 1 x Wind Generator Flange Seat, 1 x Wind Wheel Hub, 1 x Fairing, 1 x Controller, 1 x Accessory Package, 1 x user manual
What Are The Pros and Cons? Watch the video below
What People Need to Know Before Installing a Home Wind Turbine
Before you install a set of wind turbines on your property, be sure to complete the following checklist first.
– Find out what the local zoning laws have to say with regards to wind turbines. Some communities may not allow their installation, while others may offer certain incentives.
– Find out how much energy your property consumes every month, and compare it with the projected amount of power your turbines can offer. If the turbines cannot offer enough energy then you may have to find a secondary source of power to supplement the turbines.
– Determine the amount of wind that passes through your property. Make sure that it is sufficient to power your wind turbines all year round.
– When buying a home wind turbine, make sure that they are certified by the Small Wind Certification Council, which oversees the quality of all wind turbines currently available in the market.
Once you have covered all these issues, you can purchase your wind turbines and install them on your property.