Home wind turbines are electric generators that convert wind energy into clean, emission-free power. Although most large wind farms exist to power certain towns and communities, there are also smaller wind turbines for homes and homeowners. These smaller turbines can be installed on any part of your property to cover some or even all of your monthly energy needs.
A typical house usually requires a home wind turbine with a 5 kW generating capacity to meet all its energy requirements. A turbine that offers this much power would have to be around 13 to 18 feet in diameter and positioned in an area where strong winds often pass through. There are also plenty of smaller, cheaper turbines, but these variants produce less power and are less reliable than their more expensive counterparts.
What Are The Benefits of Home Wind Turbines?
The benefits of a home wind turbine depend entirely on its wind speed and turbine efficiency. So the more energy a particular wind turbine produces, the better.
A standard home wind turbine can cost around $30,000, though more expensive variants can cost as much as $70,000 (plus installation costs and other miscellaneous expenses). If you’re short on cash, there are turbines that cost less than $10,000, but they don’t produce a lot of power.
A turbine that produces around 5 kW worth of energy can produce approximately 8,000 kWh per year, assuming there are decent winds to power it. Given ideal conditions, you will be able to recoup your investment in three to five years, depending on your monthly energy consumption and other related factors. If, however, your property doesn’t get enough wind then it may take a little more time to recover your initial investment.
Aside from reducing your energy bills, home wind turbines also offer other benefits, including:
– Reduced pollution
– Immunity from rising energy costs
– Immunity from blackouts and other related problems
– Non-reliance on the energy grid
– Improved energy efficiency
– Eligibility for government incentives that promote energy efficiency or environmental conservation
What People Need to Know Before Installing a Home Wind Turbine
Before you install a set of wind turbines on your property, be sure to complete the following checklist first.
– Find out what the local zoning laws have to say with regards to wind turbines. Some communities may not allow their installation, while others may offer certain incentives.
– Find out how much energy your property consumes every month, and compare it with the projected amount of power your turbines can offer. If the turbines cannot offer enough energy then you may have to find a secondary source of power to supplement the turbines.
– Determine the amount of wind that passes through your property. Make sure that it is sufficient to power your wind turbines all year round.
– When buying a home wind turbine, make sure that they are certified by the Small Wind Certification Council, which oversees the quality of all wind turbines currently available in the market.
Once you have covered all these issues, you can purchase your wind turbines and install them on your property.
The 10 Best Home Wind Turbines
- Grid tie 3KW wind power system. Including: 1pcs 3KW wind turbine; 1pcs 3KW grid tie controller; 1pcs 3KW grid tie inverter; After your order please tell us your voltage ,110V/220V ,50HZ/60HZ.
- Advanced microprocessor technology for superior performance and high wind protection without mechanical braking.
- Blades designed for quieter operation, durability and optimum energy capture in most wind speeds.
- Lightweight design is simple and easy-to-install; integrated controller for plug-and-play operation.
- Produces 40 kWh of energy per month generating energy in a wide range of wind speeds.
- Pair with solar PV for redundant energy production year-round.
- 📣Windgenerator Features: Rated Power is 1000W, Maximum Power is 1200W BEST DEAL NOW Worldwide UPS EXPRESS SHIPPING
- 📣5 Blade Specification of Wind Turbine: Material is Plastic + 30% glass fibers, Lenght is 107 cm
- 📣The rotor blades of turbine are very durable and stable, at the same time unusually light
- 📣The housing is made of aluminum, which guarantees optimal cooling of the generator
- 📣The maintenance-free sliding contact (without coal) guarantees a good flow of current and thus no twisting of the cable in the mast
- FEATURES: Integrated automatic braking system to protect from sudden and high wind speed. Easy DIY installation methods with all materials provided. Can be used in conjunction with solar panels. MPPT Maximum power point tracking is included. Made with high quality Polypropylene and Glass Fiber material with a weather resistant seal.
- PROTECTION AGAINST: UV protection coating, Sudden voltage surge and wind gust, high wind speeds with integrated automatic braking system + manual braking switch and over charging of battery.
- SPECIFICATION: Rated power: 1500W, Rated speed: 46 ft/s, Voltage system: 24V, Cut-in wind speed: 5.6mph, Suggested battery capacity: 200A or larger, Number of blades: 3, Rotor diameter: 5.6 ft and Weight: 33 lb.
- INCLUDES: 1 x Center piece (Generator), 1 x Tail Piece, 1 x MPPT Charge Controller, 3 x Blades, 1 x Nose cone, 1 x Manual brake switch, Amp meter display box, Hex Screws, Locking nuts, Spacers, Hex keys and 1 x Operational installation manual.
- WARRANTY: 1 Year manufactures warranty.
- Number of Blades: 5. The blade is equipped with a copper inlay part that does not damage the nylon fiber when the bolt is tightened, and is not easily deformed or broken. At the same time, the blade is also designed with aerodynamics to make the rotor run smoothly, reliably and quietly. Low start wind speed; Auto Wind direction adjustment.
- Material of Wind Leaf: Nylon Fiber. Thicker bearings are less prone to jitter when the machine is running. The working temperature is -40 ° C ~ 80 ° C, do not worry about the temperature is too low and cause the leaves to freeze.
- The coil is made of teflon wire, which is resistant to high temperatures and guarantees the power generation rate. It adopts three-phase AC permanent magnet synchronous generator, free running, low noise and long service life.
- Applications: It is perfectly suitable for the leisure sector and is known for charging batteries for boats, gazebos, cabins or mobile homes, as well as for green windmills, home, corporate and industrial energy supplements!
- Package Included: 1 × Wind Turbine, 1 × Charge Controller, Some Screws. Notice: Please allow 1-3cm (0.4-1.18") difference due to manual measurement and slight color variation for different display setting. Due to the difference between different monitors, the picture may not reflect the actual color of the item. If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- HIGH POWER GENERATION RATE, rated electric energy production up to 1000KW·H each year. In effect, it is far more than this result about 3-5 times than it.
- EASY INSTALLATION, human-friendly and delicately design, no maintaining.
- EXTENSIVE APPLICATION SCENARIOS, popularly used for green windmill, RV, boat, homes, businesses, industrial energy supplementation, Island and emergency power supply.
- LOW START-UP SPEED, 2.0m/s(8'/s), nylon-fiber blades, optimized structure and aerodynamic shape, high wind power utilization, light, cute, low vibration.
- SAFE AND ECO-FRIENDLY, offering 2pcs flange installation promise it firm. Matching professional PWM controller can protect wind turbine and electric circuit. Renewable wind power, no pollution, no noise.
- All-weather, high-quality marine-grade coating and construction provides versatility in both land and sea environments
- Begins to supply power at a very low 7 MPH wind speed, so even if the wind dies down, your power won't
- Maintenance-free design features an industrial-strength die-cast aluminum body with carbon fiber composite blades that are engineered for low-noise operation
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Smart Controller varies voltage-to-current ratio for the most efficient charging
- Overspeed/overcrank shutdown prevents damage in high wind conditions
- System Voltage is 24V Warranty time is 2 year the world's best-selling brand
- Generator: aluminium material, 3phase AC PMG , Working temperature:-40℃ up to 80℃
- Special protection: Tilting upwards during storm System Voltage is 24V Rated capacity of windgenerator is 1500W
- Wind Mill Blade: It is made of plastic plus 30% glass fibers. Its length is 107 cm, Noise is 40dB
- This items including : 2pcs 400W wind turbine with grid tie controller ,2pcs waterproof grid tie inverter ! Why Off Grid Systems Should Include Wind? Wind provides power at night. Wind is strongest during the winter months when solar resources are limited. Wind provides power during poor weather conditions. Air density is higher in colder weather and maximizes power production.
- Note: The inverter group of at most 6 inverters can be used for the 220V grid, and that of at most 4 inverters can be used for the 110V grid. Package list: One micro grid inverter; One user manual; One pouch of screw; One Warranty card;
- LED Lamp Indication: Green LED: Operation indicator, which flashes at high frequency; Red LED: Failure indicator, which flashes slowly; Blue LED: MPPT indicator, which flashes slowly
- The time of flashing of the red LED represents specific failures as follow: Single Flashing: Input undervoltage/overvoltage; Double Flashing: Power grid underfrequency/overfrequency; Triple Flashing: Power grid undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 4 Times: Output overcurrent; Flashing 5 Times: Input overcurrent;
- Flashing 6 Times: High temperature protection; Flashing 7 Times: PWM driving undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 8 Times: Internal voltage reference undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 9 Times: Sensor bias current error; Flashing 10 Times: Hardware zero passage detection failure. Noted that the above operations can only be performed with the power grid connected.
- Metal components are fully hot dipped galvanized, hub is zinc plated - Will not rust - No need for painting or special coating for up to 50 years under normal conditions
- Raptor carbon fiber blades withstand 125 mph - Guaranteed for a lifetime, not to break under normal use.
- The permanent magnet generator has a 28 rare earth magnet rotor inside and our skewed stator core for easy turning - up to 2000 watts max output!
- The Missouri Freedom II Wind Turbines have a cut-in wind speed of 6 MPH and NO COGGING!
- Each Freedom PMG rotor contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA - more copper means more power!