If you are looking for some solar energy information, but you didn’t find what you were looking for on the internet. You would probably find the information you need through the different solar energy books.
I have spent some time collecting the 10 best solar energy books that you might be needing in your researches or even in your studies. So make sure to have a look. These books are highly recommended by their readers, and they have excellent feedback.
Best Solar Energy Books
1. Mr. Michael Boxwell: Solar Electricity Handbook: A Simple Practical Guide to Solar Energy
- Book Description: Solar electricity is a wonderful concept. Take free power from the sun and use it to power electrical equipment. No ongoing electricity bills, no reliance on an electricity socket. 'Free' electricity that does not harm the planet. Of course, it is not as simple as that. Yet generating electricity from sunlight alone is a powerful resource with applications and benefits throughout the world. But how does it work? What is it suitable for? How much does it cost? How do I install it?
- This best selling internet-linked book answers all these questions and shows you how to use the power of the sun to generate electricity yourself. This sixth edition includes more information, with new and improved chapters for grid-tie systems and brings the book right up to date with the latest technology and information.
- In short, the Solar Electricity Handbook is a practical and straightforward guide to using photovoltaic solar panels. Assuming no previous knowledge, the book explains how solar panels work, how they can be used and explains the steps you need to take to successfully design and install a solar photovoltaic system from scratch. Accompanying this book is a solar resource website containing lots of useful information, lists of suppliers and on-line solar energy calculators that will simplify the cost analysis and design processes.
2. Soteris A. Kalogirou: Solar Energy Engineering: Processes and Systems
- Book Description: Energy policy promoting sustainable development is transforming global energy markets. Solar power, the most abundant of all renewable resources, is crucial to greater achieving energy security and sustainability.
- This new edition of Solar Energy Engineering: Processes and Systems from Prof. Soteris Kalogirou, a renowned expert with over thirty years of experience in renewable energy systems and applications, includes revised and updated chapters on all areas of solar energy engineering from the fundamentals to the highest level of current research. The book includes high interest topics such as solar collectors, solar water heating, solar space heating and cooling, industrial process heat, solar desalination, photovoltaic technology, solar thermal power systems, modeling of solar energy systems and includes a new chapter on wind energy systems.
- As solar energy’s vast potential environmental and socioeconomic benefits are broadly recognized, the second edition of Solar Energy Engineering: Processes and Systems will provide professionals and students with a resource on the basic principles and applications of solar energy systems and processes and can be used as a reference guide to practicing engineers who want to understand how solar systems operate and how to design the systems.
3. Ryan Mayfield: Photovoltaic Design and Installation
- Book Description: Designing and installing solar panel systems is a trend that continues to grow. With 'green collar' jobs on the rise and homeowners looking for earth-friendly ways to stretch their dollars and lesson their carbon imprint, understanding photovoltaic design and installation is on the rise.
- Photovoltaic Design & Installation For Dummies gives you a comprehensive overview of the history, physics, design, installation, and operation of home-scale solar-panel systems. You'll also get an introduction to the foundational mathematic and electrical concepts you need to understand and work with photovoltaic systems.
4. Solar Energy International: Photovoltaics: Design and Installation Manual
- Book Description: Producing electricity from the sun using photovoltaic (PV) systems has become a major industry worldwide. But designing, installing and maintaining such systems requires knowledge and training, and there have been few easily accessible, comprehensive guides to the subject.
- Now, with Photovoltaics: Design and Installation Manual, a world-class solar energy training and education provider―Solar Energy International (SEI)―has made available the critical information to successfully design, install and maintain PV systems. The book contains an overview of photovoltaic electricity and a detailed description of PV system components, including PV modules, batteries, controllers and inverters. It also includes chapters on sizing photovoltaic systems, analyzing sites and installing PV systems, as well as detailed appendices on PV system maintenance, troubleshooting and solar insolation data for over 300 sites around the world.
5. John Perlin: Let It Shine: The 6,000-Year Story of Solar Energy
- Book Description: Even as concern over climate change and energy security fuel a boom in solar technology, many still think of solar as a twentieth-century wonder. Few realize that the first photovoltaic array appeared on a New York City rooftop in 1884, or that brilliant engineers in France were using solar power in the 1860s to run steam engines, or that in 1901 an ostrich farmer in Southern California used a single solar engine to irrigate three hundred acres of citrus trees. Fewer still know that Leonardo da Vinci planned to make his fortune by building half-mile-long mirrors to heat water, or that the Bronze Age Chinese used hand-sized solar-concentrating mirrors to light fires the way we use matches and lighters today.
- With thirteen new chapters, Let It Shine is a fully revised and expanded edition of A Golden Thread, Perlin’s classic history of solar technology, detailing the past forty years of technological developments driving today’s solar renaissance. This unique and compelling compendium of humankind’s solar ideas tells the fascinating story of how our predecessors throughout time, again and again, have applied the sun to better their lives — and how we can too.
6. Andy Walker: Solar Energy: Technologies and Project Delivery for Buildings
- Book Description: Solar Energy is an authoritative reference on the design of solar energy systems in building projects, with applications, operating principles, and simple tools for the construction, engineering, and design professional. The book simplifies the solar design and engineering process, providing sample documentation and special tools that provide all the information needed for the complete design of a solar energy system for buildings to enable mainstream MEP and design firms, and not just solar energy specialists, to meet the growing demand for solar energy systems in building projects.
7. David Toth: The Sun King: From Retired Engineer To King Of Solar Power
- Book Description: The Sun King is a contemporary novel about an engineer living in the picturesque Adirondack Region of New York State. His recent retirement awakens a long-dormant entrepreneurial dream and, against the wishes of his wife, he decides to become the Henry Ford of the solar power industry. His quest to harness the sun’s power turns into an obsession that alienates family, friends and community—possibly even Nature herself.
8. Allan Fowler: Energy from the Sun: (Rookie Read-About Science: Earth Science)
- Fowler, Allan (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 32 Pages - 03/01/2001 (Publication Date) - Children's Press (Publisher)
9. Solar Power: The Complete Guide to Understanding Solar Electricity
- Book Description: This book is an insightful tool that provides a comprehensive understanding of solar power. Equipped with engaging photos, graphs, and review sections, this book covers a range of topics from the basics of electricity to designing multiple types of solar electric systems. This powerful resource delivers the education necessary to strengthen the future of clean energy.
10. Dan Chiras: Solar Electricity Basics: A Green Energy Guide
- Book Description: The future will be powered by renewables. As we transition away from finite and polluting fossil fuels, clean, reliable, and affordable renewable technologies such as solar electricity will become the mainstay of our energy supply.
- Solar Electricity Basics provides a clear understanding of electricity and energy. It discusses the types of solar electric system you can choose from, their components, solar site assessment, the installation of photovoltaic systems, and much more.
- Whether your goal is to lower your energy bill or to achieve complete energy independence, Solar Electricity Basics is the introduction you need.